He didn’t have it easy, after coming under pressure from four other riders towards the end of the session. Shane Byrne is in second place after narrowly staying ahead of Tom Sykes on the Rizla Suzuki by just a tenth of a second.
Leon Haslam took the final slot on the front row of the grid, despite crashing out at Druid, with only half-an-hour left of the session.
Michael Rutter is in fourth place on the second row of the grid ahead of the still injured, Karl Harris. Leon Camier on the Airwaves Ducati is in sixth with the final position on the second row of the grid going to Michael Laverty.
Here are the results;
1. Cal Crutchlow HM Plant Honda 1.36.605
2. Shane Byrne Airwaves Ducati 1.37.188
3. Tom Sykes Rizla Suzuki 1.37.244
4. Leon Haslam HM Plant Honda 1.37.390
5. Michael Rutter North West 200 Ducati 1.37.510
6. Karl Harris RM Racing Yamaha 1.37.908
7. Leon Camier Airwaves Ducati 1.38.089
8. Michael Laverty Relentless Suzuki 1.38.565
9. James Ellison Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 1.38.653
10. Simon Andrews Jentin Racing Yamaha 1.38.712
11. Stuart Easton MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1.38.920
12. Scott Smart Hawk Racing Kawasaki 1.39.327
13. Guy Martin Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 1.39.335
14. David Johnson Team Maxxis Honda 1.39.580
15. John Laverty Buildbase NW200 Ducati 1.39.623
16. Tristan Palmer Tena for Men Honda 1.39.658