The session for the morning practice was dry but that changed rapidly before the qualifying session started, leaving difficult wet conditions for the riders.
James Ellison on the Hydrex Bike Animal Honda took second place in the final minute after recovering from an earlier fall, followed by Michael Rutter on the North West 200 Ducati and Cal Crutchlow on the HM Plant Honda in fourth.
In fifth position was Michael Laverty on the Relentless Suzuki with Scott Smart in sixth. Leon Haslam starts from seventh position followed by Leon Camier, Gary Mason and Karl Harris.
Here are the qualifying times:
1. Shane Byrne (Airwaves Ducati) 1m:46.939s
2. James Ellison (Hydrex Bike Animal Honda) +1.048s
3. Michael Rutter (North West 200 Ducati) +1.462s
4. Cal Crutchlow (HM Plant Honda) +1.626s
5. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +1.628s
6. Scott Smart (Hawk Kawasaki) +1.960s
7. Leon Haslam (HM Plant Honda) +2.190s
8. Leon Camier (Airwaves Ducati) +2.384s
9. Gary Mason (Quay Garage Honda) +2.611s
10. Karl Harris (Rob Mac Racing Yamaha) +2.690s