Cal Crutchlow on the Repsol Honda took pole position for tomorrows eleventh round of the British Superbike Championship.
Crutchlow recently announced that he would be riding for the factory Yamaha World Supersport team next year, but knows that he could still take second place in the championship as their are only his team-mate, Leon Haslam and Tom Sykes to fight for the rest of the points.
Haslam will start alongside Crutchlow in second place with Michael Rutter on the North West 200 Ducati in third and Karl Harris on the RM Racing Yamaha in fourth.
Tom Sykes will start from fifth on the Rizla Suzuki followed by Shane Byrne on the Airwaves Ducati, who only needs to collect seven points tomorrow to take the championship.
Leon Camier is in sixth place on the second Airwaves Ducati ahead of James Ellison in seventh place after a disastrous qualifying session. The rider had to use his second bike after the rear wheel spindle jammed on his number one bike.
Michael Laverty on the Relentless Suzuki will start in ninth place followed by Gary Mason on the Quay Garage Honda.
Guy Martin, team-mate of Ellison on the Hydrex Bike Animal Honda crashed out in the first session damaging the bike and damaged his hand, he will be starting from twenty-first on the grid.
Here are the results;
1. Cal Crutchlow GBR HM Plant Honda 1min 25.489secs
2. Leon Haslam GBR HM Plant Honda 1min 25.790secs
3. Michael Rutter GBR NW 200 Ducati 1min 25.952ecs
4. Karl Harris GBR Rob Mac Racing Yamaha 1min 25.976secs
5. Tom Sykes GBR Rizla Suzuki 1min 26.012secs
6. Shane Byrne GBR Airwaves Ducati 1min 26.136secs
7. Leon Camier GBR Airwaves Ducati 1min 26.175secs
8. James Ellison GBR Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 1min 26.555secs
9. Michael Laverty GBR Relentless TAS Suzuki 1min 26.912secs
10. Gary Mason GBR Quay Garage Honda (CUP) 1min 27.011secs
11. Stuart Easton GBR MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1min 27.279secs
12. Scott Smart GBR Hawk Kawasaki 1min 27.282secs
13. Simon Andrews GBR Lloyds Jentin Yamaha 1min 27.514secs
14. Billy McConnell AUS MSS Discovery Kawasaki 1min 27.652secs
15. Jason O’Halloran AUS SMT Honda 1min 27.805secs
16. Tristan Palmer GBR Tena for Men Honda 1min 28.140secs
17. Atsushi Watanabe JPN Rizla Suzuki 1min 28.151secs
18. David Johnson AUS Maxxis Honda 1min 28.179secs
19. Peter Hickman GBR Red Viper Honda 1min 28.607secs
20. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Racing Honda (CUP) 1min 29.021secs
21. Guy Martin GBR Hydrex Bike Animal Honda 1min 28.530secs
22. John Laverty GBR NW200 Ducati (CUP) 1min 28.538secs
23. Chris Burns GBR STP MV Agusta (CUP) 1min 29.135secs
24. Dan Stewart GBR Wilcock Consulting Honda (CUP) 1min 29.394secs
25. Tom Tunstall GBR Hardinge/Ice Valley Honda (CUP) 1min 29.594secs
26. Leon Morris GBR Brookspeed Ducati (CUP) 1min 30.461secs
27. Francis Williamson GBR Moto Rapido Racing Ducati (CUP) 1min 30.832secs
28. Shannon Etheridge AUS MAR Adept Kawasaki (CUP) 1min 31.609secs